7 Tips to Help you Achieve your Financial Goals in 2018
by Tracy Magiatis
Did you finish 2017 where you planned to be financially? Did you set yourself financial goals at the start of 2017 to get you where you wanted to end up? If you answered ‘NO’ to either or both of these questions, then read on …
The start of a new year is always a good time to set and review your financial goals for the year ahead to make sure you end up where you want to be by the end of year. Here are 7 tips to help you:
- Do a budget or get someone to do one for you (or review your budget if you’ve got one). If you’re not sure where to start, we’ll put you in touch with a money coach to put you on the right track and guide you through the process.
- Make a plan, break it down into bite-sized pieces and prioritise … then action one piece at a time.
- Are you suffering a Post-Christmas Credit Card Hangover? If so, make paying it off your No.1 priority.
- Know your interest rate. Most people don’t know exactly what their interest rate is or how much they could save. We’ll review your loans and work out how much you’ll save.
- Consolidate your debt to reduce your repayments … it will certainly help your cashflow! Let us know if you’d like help with debt consolidation.
- Consider buying your first or adding another investment property to your portfolio while money is cheap and prices are down (it’s a particularly good time to buy in Perth). Let us know if you’d like a free property analysis prepared to show you what’s possible.
- Review and update your life insurance policies to make sure they are still adequate and correct … this includes your income protection, trauma and life cover. We’ll help with that too.
SECFI can help with your review and planning process, so contact us today to make an appointment … it’ll set you on the right path to ensure 2018 is a financial success!