Vegan Creamy Sweet Potato Curry by Dr. Sandra Cabot
Indulge yourself with this super yummy and hearty vegan creamy sweet potato curry recipe. Excellent to pair with quinoa or rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 medium orange sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- One 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large pot on the stove.
- Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until softened.
- Add sweet potato and stir well.
- Add curry paste, stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for approximately 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is well softened.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.